Looking for a certifying body (CB)? These questions, along with your own, may help you to choose the right one for your operation:
- What experience do they have with the type of crops you are planning to produce?
- Are you selling selling into a market outside Canada? Ask if you require a separate certification for that market, and if they offer that service.
- What resources and support do they provide?
- What is the fee structure?
- Do they certify other businesses in your area?
TCO Cert operates with regional chapters based on geographic areas and/or products produced. Find the chapter closest to you.
AOPA – ALBERTA ORGANIC PRODUCERS ASSOCIATION
Contact: Kathy Petterson
Main Office: Morinville, AB
SOUTHEAST ORGANIC GROWERS CHAPTER 1
Contact: Jenny Turton
Main Office: Carnduff, SK
TCO CHAPTER #3
TCO CERT CHAPTER #4
Contact: Robyn Hamann
Main Office: Zehner, SK
TCO CHAPTER #5
Contact: Heather Schmitt
Main Office: Carrot River, SK
TRANSCANADA ORGANIC CERTIFICATION SERVICES CHAPTER #7 INC.
Contact: Darcy Kimball
Main Office: Rockglen, SK
SOUTHWEST SASKATCHEWAN ORGANIC PRODUCERS
TCO CERT CHAPTER #9 – FOF SASKATCHEWAN
Contact: Ruth Baumann
Main Office: Humboldt, SK