Young Agrarians Peace Country Winter Mixer
The third annual Young Agrarians Farmer Mixer in the Peace Country is coming up! If you are a farmer, passionate food lover, grower, or a farm dreamer, join us! These two days will be filled with networking, skill-sharing, and farm inspiration to help you grow your own farm business and brand your farm story. Meet with other farmers and share your story, your ideas, struggles, and successes. Find mentors and supporters, engage in new opportunities and get to know your farming companions in the Peace Country.
When: February 22-23, 2020
Where: Camp Tamarack, Grande Prairie, AB
Follow Highway 40 south, turn east onto secondary Highway 668, turn south onto Range Road 62 and you will find the camp on your left side. Find it on Google Maps.
Cost: $75 + GST/person
Includes overnight accommodation and meals sourced from local farmers. If you are unable to join us for both days, we have a day rate available as well. Work trade positions available, contact Lilli.
Saturday Potluck: Meet interesting folks at our Saturday evening potluck dinner! It is open to everyone, feel free to bring your friends!
MINI-MARKET: Do you have farm products for sale or to trade? We’ll set up some tables for you to share what you grow. Find some great Xmas gifts or fill your fridge and freezer. Bring items to trade or for sale for the mini-market.
YA- Kids: Bring your family with you! For the first time we have YA-friends joining our Mixer to look after your kids, so you can be all ears during the speaker sessions!
>>Please share our Facebook event and invite your friends!<<
Questions? Please contact Lilli: email@example.com
- Farm Finances: Choosing Profitable Enterprises
- Farm Branding and Marketing
- Northern Roots Family Farm successful farm start-up story
- ALUS & CAP- Environmental Stewardship Programs
- Starting out with Poultry
- Echo Hills Farm successful farm start-up story
- Luna Field Farm successful farm start-up story
- Bess Legault- Farming with kids and her successful farm start-up story
Farmer Slide Shows: Sign up (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org) for our traditional Farmer Slide Shows – 10 slides per farm!
Accommodations & Meals
- Delicious lunches and Sunday morning breakfast featuring local ingredients will be provided
- Rooms are shared. Showers are available to guests. Please inform us that you are staying overnight in the registration questionnaire. Rooms are available for Friday and Saturday night.
What to Bring
- Travel mug for your coffee or tea (this will help us do fewer dishes!)
- Potluck dish for our Saturday night potluck social – invite your friends!
- Bedding, pillow, towel, toiletries.
- Your best (or worst) farm photos for our Farmer Slideshow
- Notebook for soaking up all the farmtastic wisdom!