Setting the Price for Your Food Product
Want to get your food product listed in a grocery store but don’t know how or where to start?
If you are a food processor, or if you are planning to operate a wholesale food processing business, join us to learn how to set the price for your food product(s) and how to sell your food product(s) to a grocery store.
Date: Thursday, February 28, 2019 from 9:00am-4:30pm
Location: Food Development Centre, 810 Phillips Street, Portage la Prairie, MB
Cost: $50 Lunch will be provided. Pre-registration is required with Manitoba Agriculture.
To register, contact Kathy Sawchuk at 204-871-5015 or Kathy.Sawchuk@gov.mb.ca
You will learn how to:
- Determine what profit margin you and your wholesale customers need.
- Determine how many units you need to sell to break-even and to make a profit.
- Plan for hidden costs associated with selling to corporate grocery chains.
- Set your selling price for grocery retailers, wholesale distributors, and retail customers.
- Create sales materials that get results.
- How to make a presentation and negotiate your way onto the shelf.
To view the poster, click here.